Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I was privileged to witness something very special on Friday at my son's school. The children put on a Mother's Day celebration and watching my son smiling at me, wanting me to watch his every move, brought tears to my eyes and set me up for a very moving moment - watching my friend and her adopted daughter. This little girl, adopted from Russia, was singing directly to her Mom with her hand on her heart, while the Mom wore her heart on her sleeve. Things can so easily be very different for all these children brought home from institutions.

"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." Kristi Larson

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and thank you! :). Don't forget to look at waiting children! Many have very mild special needs, if more severe special needs don't fit where you are at in life! :)

    ReplyDelete